Break Out of Your Current Paradigm
“Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.”
~ Oprah Winfrey
Imagine what it would be like to spend a day with friends and come away transformed into a new and improved version of you. Imagine that this impact-full day left you with more confidence, clarity and comprehension than you had that very morning. Imagine not only knowing where you want to go, but having the tools to help you get there.That’s what the Own Your Awesome Break Out! Salon was designed to do. In an intimate one-day workshop with a gathering of your friends you will:
- Gain greater insight and understanding into your own personality
- Clear blocks to achieving your vision
- Increase your confidence
- Begin to own your value and gain the strength to accept nothing less
- Learn techniques for making better decisions
An Own Your Awesome Break Out! Salon merges the concept of a home party (think Tupperware party), where friends gather together to learn something new and have some fun, quality “ladies time,” with the traditional self-development workshop. It is an intimate retreat held in someone’s home where women experience activities that break them out of their everyday lives. These experiences guide them to unveiling their true self and then empower them to bring that knowledge back into their lives and businesses so they can move confidently forward toward their vision.
Host Your Own Salon!
Just like with a Tupperware party, an Own Your Awesome Break Out! Salon begins with a hostess. This is a savvy business woman who knows at least three other women she can gather together for the Salon. She selects the venue (usually her home, but it can be someplace else as discussed below), invites and follows up with guests, and then plays hostess on the day of the Salon.
- Being seen as a leader by the women she invites
- Her choice of valuable hostess gifts
- A fun and transformative day with her friends
And, she can earn other valuable gifts, as well:
- If she brings five paying guests to her Salon, her admission is free!
- If she brings seven paying guests to her Salon, she receives free admission plus a 15-20 minute intuitive/tarot session
- If she brings nine paying guests to her Salon, she receives free admission plus a 45 minute private coaching session
Ready to start planning YOUR Salon?
You can get started simply by setting up a 20-30 minute Salon Strategy Session with me now. Booking this session does not obligate you to hold a Salon. This is simply a conversation to help you decide if hosting an Own Your Awesome Break Out! Salon is right for you and if so, to set your date and begin planning for it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why “Salon”?After a beauty salon, the term “salon” means a reception room, such as a living room, in a large house. It can also be used to mean “a conversational gathering, usually of a select group of intellectuals, artists and politicians who meet in the private residence of a socially influential (and often wealthy) person.”
Historically, the term “salon” was used for “a regular social gathering of eminent people (especially writers and artists) at the house of a woman prominent in high society” or “a meeting of intellectuals or other eminent people at the invitation of a celebrity or socialite.” The term “salon” was also used for an annual exhibition of the work of living artists held by the Royal Academy of Painting and Sculpture in Paris.
The Own Your Awesome Break Out! Salon takes pieces from all these uses of the term:
- The salon usually takes place in the living or gathering room of the hostess
- It is an interactive, conversational gathering of women
- Activities include creative, artistic expression
It is a workshop/retreat where women can socialize, discover their true natures, and release blocks to achieving their visions for their lives and businesses in a private, small group, interactive environment.
What kinds of hostess gifts are available?
To show my gratitude for hosting an Own Your Awesome Break Out! Salon, the hostess may select one of several valuable gifts:
- A 45-minute coaching session with me focused on whatever you need in your life and business. Value = $250
- A copy of my Own Your Awesome Self-Study Program. Value = $97
- A private intuitive/tarot and guidance session with me lasting 30-45 minutes. Value = $130 – $200
What is the investment?
The investment for this five-six hour retreat is $47 per person, with a minimum of four paying attendees — that’s only $188 for you and three of your friends! And, if you are able to bring more people to the salon, your admission is free! (See above.) A deposit of $100 is due at least 14 days before your event, and the remainder is due 24 hours before your Salon.
NOTE: This pricing is subject to change. Since this program is new, I’m offering it at a low introductory price while I collect testimonials. The pricing may go up after a few of these have been held. Also note that this pricing is only applicable to Salons held in Long Beach, California or virtually over the phone or Internet. Additional fees may apply if your location is somewhere else.
What is your cancellation policy?
You can cancel or reschedule your Salon any time up to 24 hours before the event for local (to me) or virtual events. If I am traveling to your location, I will need at least a week’s notice. Your deposit is fully or partially refundable based on this schedule:
Local or Virtual Salons
- Up to 7 days before the Salon: Full refund
- Up to 2 days before the Salon: 50% refund
Salons Where I Travel to Your Location
- Up to 14 days before the Salon: Full refund
- Up to 7 days before the Salon: 50% refund
If you choose to reschedule your Salon rather than cancel, I’ll keep your deposit and the above schedule applies to the newly selected date. You can reschedule your Salon one time. After that your deposit is forfeit.
Where can I host my Salon?
There are three locations where you can host your Own Your Awesome Break Out! Salon:
- Your home. If you live in the Long Beach, Calif., area this is a great option. I’m happy to come to your home to facilitate your Salon! If you live outside of Long Beach, additional travel-related fees may apply. Please schedule a Salon Strategy Session for more information.
- A hotel. If you are uncomfortable with hosting your Salon in your home, or you want to add some fun travel to your event, this could be a good option for you. If you book the hotel in Long Beach, you only incur the costs of traveling and staying here. If you book the hotel somewhere else, additional travel-related fees may apply. Please schedule a Salon Strategy Session for more information.
- Virtually over the phone. If the people you wish to invite are geographically separated, this is a decent option. There are no additional fees required and we can hold this over the phone, Skype or Google Hangouts. Also, if you don’t live in Long Beach and you can gather your friends over at your house, a virtual Salon could also work. Please schedule a Salon Strategy Session for more information.
Who should I invite?I recommend you invite more than you expect to attend for you will never be able to book a date and time that suits everyone. Aim for 15 people to invite, knowing that less than that will show up.
Although the Salon is primarily for entrepreneurs and small business owners, those who approach their corporate career from an entrepreneurial mindset will also benefit. Therefore you can invite family, friends, neighbors and networking colleagues whom you think will enjoy and gain value from the experience, as well as those you would like to get to know better.
What’s the best way to invite people?
Most Hostesses find inviting people either in person or over the phone works best. You might also get creative and send a more formal invitation via mail or using a service such as eVite.com. It’s a great idea to follow up your initial invitations, as well. If you invited them in person or over the phone, send an invitation in the mail or online. If you invited them by mail or online, follow up with a phone call. And be sure to ask for R.S.V.P.s so you can know how many people will be showing up!
And finally, everyone is busy these days and will most likely appreciate a reminder a couple of days before the Salon.
For in-person Salons, what should I do about food and beverages?Since the Salons go from about 9 or 10 in the morning until about 5 or 6 in the evening, you’ll definitely want to plan for a lunch meal. You may also want to provide a continental style breakfast and possibly light refreshments for the late afternoon. But, you don’t have to do all this yourself! May your Salon a pot luck and have your guests bring items for the lunch.
Also, the work we will be doing during the Salon can bring out a lot of stuff for people, so it is important that everyone remains well-hydrated. Make sure there is plenty of water for everyone to drink!
Here are some suggestions for food:
- Bagels and cream cheese
- Granola bars
- Coffee and tea
- Finger foods
- Cheese and crackers
- Dip with bread and/or veggies
- Coffee and tea
What’s the best way to ensure my party is fun and entertaining for my guests?
Personalizing your Salon to suit you and your guests is the best way to ensure a great experience for everyone. This means selecting a focus that you know everyone will enjoy and receive value from. Before you send out invitations, be sure to take advantage of a Salon Strategy Session to work out the best focus for your Salon.
I have some guests who can’t make it. Can they book their own Salon?
Of course! When you invite the people on your guest list some will know that they are unable to make it and others may have last minute issues that prevent them from attending. If someone can’t attend, feel free to ask them if they would like to host their own Salon. Sometimes it just doesn’t occur to people and it’s a great way for them to catch up with friends, transform their lives and earn free gifts too!
When should I hold my Salon?
That depends on you and your guests. Because it is an all-day event, most people host them on the weekends. But if all your guests have flexible schedules, you could conceivable host it on a week day, Friday’s being the most popular.
What is my role in the Salon?I want my Hostesses to have the best experience possible. That’s why I will work closely with you so that on the day of your Salon, you just need to sit back, relax and have fun with your guests.
Before your Salon, your role is to:
- Invite the guests and remind them a couple of days before.
- Pick the venue (usually your home, but it can be elsewhere).
- Arrange for refreshments.
- Pay a $100 deposit for the event at least 14 days before your Salon.
What kinds of activities can I expect during the Salon?
There are a variety of modules I’ve created to mix and match for your Own Your Awesome Break Out! Salon. That way I can easily tailor your Salon to meet your needs, as well as the needs of your guests. Activities may include:
- Arts and crafts inspired activities
- Partner exercises
- Guided visualizations and/or meditations
- Brainstorming exercises
- Belly dance exercises to get you in touch with your feminine power
And more. The point of each exercise is to break you and your guests out of your normal way of thinking so you all can experience a new way of looking at yourselves and what you are capable of achieving. Every participate will receive a workbook to take home so you can re-use the techniques you learned during the Salon again and again.