When you see an opportunity, do you stand in your power and claim what you want? Or do you modestly sit by and hope someone will notice you? Lord knows I’ve done that myself!
In this episode of The C.A.P. Podcast, I talk with Grace Killelea, founder and CEO of Half The Sky Leadership Institute, about this “crisis of confidence” and how it affects women in the workforce, as well as women entrepreneurs.
We talk about why women appear less confident, and therefore don’t get the leadership positions they are perfectly capable of filling. This has nothing to do with our competence. We women are ready to be leaders, we just aren’t raising our hands to claim leadership roles.
Grace advises women to “suit up, show up, speak up and start where you are,” which she defines in more detail in the podcast. We also touch on:
- How the way you hold your body can change your mind and emotions
- How the crisis of confidence affects all women, not just those in corporate jobs
- How we influence the next generation of women
To learn more about Grace Killelea and her work, visit:
To listen to the Michelle Patterson episode referred to in this podcast, go to bit.ly/cappodcast-20140502.
For more information about Niurka, visit www.NiurkaInc.com
Dr. Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk on body language
Interesting videos about women and communication:
- The Weird Way Women Downplay Their Success
- Women’s voices
- ‘Uptalk’: Overturning the ‘Valley Girl’ myth
- Uptalk in Public Speaking
- Terry Brock Interviews Diane DiResta on Uptalk
- Are you getting the hint?
- Gender and Communication: How Men and Women Communicate Differently
I would LOVE to answer your questions on future episodes of The C.A.P. Podcast! Do you have a question about overcoming money blocks, online marketing, public speaking or mindset/universal laws? Do you struggle with integrating creativity, authenticity or even profitability into your business? Send your questions to Paul Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “CAP Podcast question.”
Would you like to be a guest on The C.A.P. Podcast? Learn more here.