Can someone pull themselves up from trouble youth to valued member of the community? My guest on this special half-hour episode of The C.A.P. Podcast is Tom Nix, founder of Nix Check Cashing, who started as a low-rider on the streets of San Pedro, Calif., and grew up to be the founder of a valued and trusted institution serving South Central Los Angeles and surrounding communities.
During the show, we chat about his life, his business and his passion for what he calls Life’s Key Concepts. Much of what he has accomplished in life he attributes to one trigger: reading Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich. Applying the concepts he learned in that book, and other self-help resources he devoured after that book, he turned his life around and has become a successful businessman and contributor to the Los Angeles county community.
Tom believes that life is a journey or adventure, “and the best way to have a fabulous journey is to look at life as a great adventure, both the good times and the bad times.” He says that cultivating such an attitude will help you take advantage of the opportunities life hands you, as well as overcome the challenges along the way.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Think and Grow Rich is available for free online at buildamagneticnetwork.com or you can purchase it in paperback or Kindle formats at Amazon.com.
- The weight loss program I used to lose 70lbs is I Create My Body by Marilyn Jenett
- The Secret is available in several formats at Amazon.com. You can learn more about it, as well as its sequels, at thesecret.tv.
- It Works! by R.H. Jarrett is available for free online at scienceofgettingrich.net, or you can purchase it in paperback and Kindle formats at Amazon.com.
- 21 Days to Master Affirmations by Louise L. Hay is available in Kindle format at Amazon.com.
- Scientific Healing Affirmations: Theory and Practice of Concentration by Paramahansa Yogananda is available in both trade paperback, mass market paperback and hardcover editions at Amazon.com.
- The Science of Affirmations by Jack Roberts is available in paperback at Amazon.com.
I would LOVE to answer your questions on future episodes of The C.A.P. Podcast! Do you have a question about overcoming money blocks, online marketing, public speaking or mindset/universal laws? Do you struggle with integrating creativity, authenticity or even profitability into your business? Send your questions to Paul Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “CAP Podcast question.”
Would you like to be a guest on The C.A.P. Podcast? Learn more here.