“The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.”
It is so easy to think that other people have it better than us. From our perspective, things look so great for them. However, like watching a duck drift across a pond, we don’t see the frenzy of activity occurring in the background.
So I ask you, “What if the grass was greener on your side of the fence?”
Today’s Journal Exercise:
Create a list of things that are going right in your life. How might your side of the fence be greener than the other side? What do you have to be grateful for?
This is a great way to start the Celebrate You! 31-Day Challenge. You can use this list in two ways over the course of the month:
- Add to it as you start to recognize more things that are awesome about you and your life.
- Refer back to it on tough days to remind yourself of what you have to be grateful for.
Write down at least 10 things today. And then continue to add things to the list throughout the challenge. Your goal is to have a list of 100 things that make your life awesome by the end of the month.
A good way to help you reach that goal is to start off with listing the numbers one through one hundred in your journal or on a piece of paper. By doing that, you are telling your subconscious that you will have 100 things to list.
To help you get started, here’s my list of 10 for today:
- I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves me for who I am — “warts” and all
- I have family and friends who love and support me
- I have pretty blue-green hazel eyes
- I am creative and am able to express that creativity in a wide variety of ways
- I’ve had the opportunity to live in a country other than where I was born
- I’m not only a talented writer, but I’ve made a decent career using that talent
- I feel deeply connected to God; my spirituality is an integral part of who I am
- I’ve met and conversed with people I look up to and respect, including Ray Bradbury, Peter Tork and Pierce Brosnan
- I have a MacBookPro, which has really made writing and working on the go so much easier
- I’m going to share my annual birthday Catalina Island excursion with my boyfriend this year — can’t wait!
Each day I’m going to challenge you to take your experience up a notch. Today’s challenge is to share your list of 10 items as a comment below and/or in the Celebrate You! Facebook group. Let’s get a conversation started and help each other create our lists of awesomeness.