Weekday Wisdom Episode 76
Ideas to Income Interviews
Ethan Siegel, Astrophysicist, Science Writer and Author
Today’s episode is the third and final segment of my conversation with Dr. Ethan Siegel, an astrophysicist and science fiction fan who is bringing his passions together and turning them into a source of income.
In today’s video (and audio) below, Dr. Siegel and I talk about:
- The importance of building your platform to showcase your expertise
- That passion alone isn’t enough, you need “applied passion”
- Building your expertise by “filling in your weak spots”
- Finding allies and collaborators who will help you reach your goal
- Why you need to build your personal brand
- It’s OK if others are doing something similar to what you’re doing
Dr. Siegel’s insights are interesting in part because he’s merged two passions — space science and science fiction — into a personal brand that helps him more fully express himself in the world while making a living doing what he loves.
This episode runs a little longer than my “10 minutes or less” rule, but for good reason. This is juicy stuff!
Mentioned in this video:
- Twitter: @StartsWithABang
- Facebook: Facebook.com/startswithabang
- Tumblr: startswithabang.tumblr.com
- Forbes: forbes.com/sites/startswithabang
- Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Siegel