How to Increase Book Sales, Get More Speaking Gigs
and/or Attract More Coaching Clients with your Website
… Without Having to Get a Web Design Degree or Learn Coding
… Even If You’re Terrible at Web Stuff
Don’t Have a Lot of Time
And Just Want to Hand this Web Stuff Over to a Virtual Assistant
This is your business.
This is your website.
You need to understand what makes it effective so that you know that your web designer and virtual assistant are doing a good job.
But you don’t need to know the design theory behind it. You don’t need to know the coding that makes it happen. You don’t need to spend a lot of time learning any of that stuff … you just need to know what to do and the basics of how to do it so that you can hand this off to people who love all the technical stuff.
That’s why I wrote Home Sweet Home Page, to give you the basics you need to know in simple, accessible, and easy to implement language that you can understand.
The first edition helped many authors, speakers, and coaches make their websites more effective. You can read what some of them had to say below.
This second edition updates the content from the original book and adds in additional information you need to know in the 2020s.
Continue reading to learn more.
Praise for the First Edition of
Home Sweet Home Page
“Carma’s book on creating Web sites in the era of Web 2.0 is the simplest, most readable, and best in a highly cluttered market.”
— Elatia Harris, Founder, Tessa’s Table 2050
“Even though she is an accomplished website and graphic design professional AND Internet marketer, Carma speaks in plain English and keeps things simple. And she still includes pretty much everything I would want you to know about building an effective online presence—and how to do it right from the start!”
— Linda Dessau, Founder, You Talk, I’ll Write
“The power of the book is how Carma Spence packs so much punch into a small volume. The book spends little time on frills and is devoted entirely to identifying the problems found with business and professional home pages, and to creating their solutions. … The book can be read in one sitting, as is helpful for a busy businessperson. The valuable site mistake self-assessment can be completed, and the solutions presented in the book can be put into action immediately.”
— Wayne Hurlbert, Business Blogger, Online Radio Host
5 Powerful Ways Your Business Can Change
(for the better)
- Your royalties increase as if by magic – causing your accountant to get suspicious. Why? Because 93% of business purchase decisions start with an online search.
- New email subscribers pour in regularly and consistently, leading to increased sales of your products and services. Why? Because email has 6x higher click-through rates than tweets, and email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter.
- You receive emails from event organizers who want to book you for their event so that your calendar fills up and you have to turn some away. Why? Because event organizers 1) are likely to find your website through search, and 2) because your website lends you authority, they are more likely to want you to speak at their event.
- Your calendar fills up with new coaching client inquiry sessions, creating a waiting list of those who want you to coach them. Why? Again — more of your ideal prospects find your site, are wowed by your expertise and click the “schedule a call” button without thinking about it!
- Organic traffic to your website increases so that you land more sales, bookings, and clients.
Inside the 2nd Edition of Home Sweet Home Page,
- An overview of online presence and why it is important so that you fully understand how powerful your author, speaker, or coaching website is … and can be.
- MISTAKE #1: Lack of Clarity: How to make sure visitors know what your website is about and how you can help them so that they know they are in the right place and will stick around long enough to join your list or buy your stuff.
- MISTAKE #2: Bad First Impression: How to make your website look inviting and professional so that your ideal readers, bookers, and clients believe you know what you’re doing.
- MISTAKE #3: Not Growing Your List: How to invite your visitors to join your email list so that you can grow it and start using it like an ATM machine.
- MISTAKE #4: No Compelling Incentive: How to create an attractive gift to entice visitors to join your list so that visitors get excited about joining your list.
- MISTAKE #5: Bad Copy: Some basic copy optimization techniques so that you increase your organic traffic and get more visitors to your site without further effort.
- BONUS MISTAKE #6 so that you’ll never make that mystery mistake again!
The Final Touches on Home Sweet Home Page, 2nd Edition Are Still Being Made
It will be available in Pre-Sale Soon and Is Scheduled for Release in the Spring of 2021
Would you like to be one of the first to know when it is ready?
Enter Your Name and Email Address in the Form Below
Who is Home Sweet Home Page for?
I wrote this book specifically for authors, speakers, and coaches. However, anyone in an expertise-based business can benefit from the book.
I bought the first edition? Why should I buy the second?
Some things that were mentioned in the first book are no longer accurate. And new considerations are now important as we head into the 2020s. That’s why I’ve updated information from the first book and added additional information – including a 6th Deadly Mistake.
Do I need to be a techy to understand this book?
No. I’ve written this book in plain language that anyone should be able to understand. This book is meant to empower you to know the basics you that you’ll know if your web designer is doing a good job or not. Reading Home Sweet Home Page will make it easier for you to communicate with your web designer and virtual assistant about what you want on your website.
Can’t I just hire a professional to do this stuff for me? Why do I need to know this?
You can, yes. However, how will you know if what they are doing is going to help you achieve your goals? You need to understand the basics of everything in your business. You can’t pass this off to other people with no knowledge or you run the risk of paying people to do things you don’t need or don’t serve your purpose. This book will help you recognize when your website has the right elements in place, as well as help you communicate your needs to your web designer.
More Praise for the First Edition of
Home Sweet Home Page
“Home Sweet Home Page by Carma Spence was a very helpful book. It was simple and easy to implement. Already, my home page has improved and sign-ups for my e-newsletter have gone up. I am looking forward to reading more from this Internet-savvy writer.”
— Elaine Littau, Author, Nan’s Heritage Series
“If you’re an author, speaker, or coach in the process of building or revamping your website or would like to make sure your website has the necessary elements to market yourself and your product, you should consider getting a copy of Carma Spence’s book…. Short and succinct, the book describes in an engaging manner the most essential elements of an effective website….”
— Mayra Calvani, Author
“I want to thank you for the excellent content on the call with Rhonda Hess earlier this week and for the generous and relevant bonus gifts you offered. All of the materials have helped me move forward with my own goals for website development and most of all, writing. I am a prolific writer. I’m Irish, so blarney is in my DNA, and language rolls off my tongue. My problem has been one of organization of ideas and your ebook has been especially helpful. I’m really looking forward to receiving my book and hearing you again on the invitation-only group class.”
— Mary Tucker, Cultivate Your Life
About the Author
Carma Spence is the author of five books, including the bestseller Public Speaking Super Powers. She has contributed chapters to several International bestselling books, as well. She is an award-winning writer, speaker, editor, and author. She helps entrepreneurs, small business owners, and mid-level executives write, publish, and market their non-fiction book based on the knowledge between their ears — even if they’ve never written before and are crazy busy — so they can get their message out of their heads and into readers hands, changing the world one mind at a time.
Would you like to be one of the first to know when Home Sweet Home Page is ready to order?
Enter Your Name and Email Address in the Form Below
Related Pages: Home Sweet Home Page 1st Edition Book Tour & Interviews