I launched two podcasts before The Author’s Switch. Each one helped me learn and grow as a content creator in general and a podcaster specifically.
The C.A.P. Podcast
February 2014 through October 2015, 58 Episodes
The C.A.P. Podcast with Carma Spence, the Own Your Awesome Mentor, was my first podcast in this space and provided successful women entrepreneurs with powerful strategies for building a Creative, Authentic and Profitable business. Pulling from 20+ years in marketing, public relations and journalism, Carma, and her expert guests, shared information on online marketing, public speaking and empowered mindset. Watch past episodes and learn ways to create the business you want.
Find episodes here:
The C.A.P. Podcast was delivered via this website and iTunes. It was re-imagined as the Weekday Wisdom.
January 2018 through March 2020, 121 Episodes
Inspired by Derek Halpern’s experiment in daily video podcasting, the Weekday Wisdom, was launched the first week of 2018, as a 5-days-a-week video podcast. After about 90 episodes, however, the frequency was dropped to once-a-week. Then life happened [again] and I took some time off. Beginning August 2019, the Weekday Wisdom came out twice a month.
What was it about?
Most episodes featured myself sharing the wisdom I’ve acquired through both work and life experiences. Season three was focused on riffs on famous quotes.
Occasionally, I would interview guests, as well. Topics covered included:
- Growth Mindset, Universal Laws, Gratitude, and Law of Attraction
- Online Marketing
- Public Speaking
- Writing books, creating information products
And more. Basically, if it fit within the Legacy Creation Hero’s Journey, it was most likely be covered in this video podcast!
EpisodesFind all episodes here.
- Episodes were available in video and audio format, and sometimes text, as well
- Episodes lasted anywhere from three to 20 minutes, on average (some interviews were longer)
Occasionally, I did a series of episodes focused on one topic. Here are some of the Special Series that aired:
Successful Entrepreneur Traits
- Episode 15, Jan. 23, Entrepreneurs Are Courageous … What does that mean?
- Episode 16, Jan. 24, Successful Entrepreneurs Create Actionable Plans
- Episode 17, Jan. 25, Successful Entrepreneurs Understand Cash Flow
- Episode 18, Jan. 26, Successful Entrepreneurs Know It’s Not About Them
- Episode 19, Jan. 29, Successful Entrepreneurs Boldly Self-Promote
- Episode 20, Jan. 30, Successful Entrepreneurs Are Action Takers
- Episode 21, Jan. 31, Successful Entrepreneurs Embrace Change
- Episode 22, Feb. 1, Successful Entrepreneurs Listen
- Episode 23, Feb. 2, Successful Entrepreneurs Are Continuous Learners
- Episode 24, Feb. 5, Successful Entrepreneurs Are Strategic Networkers
Infopreneur’s Hero’s Journey
- Episode 33, Feb. 16, The Infopreneur Hero’s Journey, Part 1
- Episode 34, Feb. 19, The Infopreneur Hero’s Journey, Part 2
QUIZ: How well do you maintain balance in your life?
- Episode 40, Feb. 27, How well do you maintain balance in your life? (QUIZ)
- Episode 41, Feb. 28, Do you take care of yourself physically and emotionally?
- Episode 42, March 1, Do you take time to nurture yourself?
- Episode 43, March 2, Do you eat right and exercise?
- Episode 44, March 5, Do you take care of your health?
- Episode 45, March 6, Do you set aside “me” time?
- Episode 46, March 7, Do you enjoy your environment?
- Episode 47, March 8, Do you express your creativity?
- Episode 48, March 9, Do you keep in touch?
- Episode 49, March 12, Are you contributing to make the world a better place?
- Episode 50, March 13, Are you listening to your emotional cues?
- Episode 51, March 14, Do you rest when you’re getting sick?
- Episode 52, March 15, Do you say NO when you need or want to?
- Episode 53, March 16, Do you listen to your body?
- Episode 54, March 19, Do you keep the plans you make for yourself?
- Episode 55, March 20, Do you make time for fun?
- Episode 56, March 21, Are you happy?
January 2013 through July 2018, 105 Episodes
Power Thoughts was less of a podcast and more of a series of audio posts I did where I read a quote and then interpreted it for entrepreneurs.