In my last two posts, I talked about fine tuning your ideal client profile for next year using who you like to serve and who you want to serve as criteria. Today, I’m going to talk about one more way that where you are today can help you plan for next year: your current catalog of products and services.
Think about your products and services and ask yourself these questions:
- What, in particular, do you enjoy most about delivering them?
- What part of your process can you get so wrapped up in, so caught up in “the zone”, that you lose track of time?
- What activities are you performing in your business when you feel the most happy and uplifted?
These are clues to your core passion. And, your core passion is what will help you focus in on what you do best and are called to do in service of your target market.
Also, take a look at the products and services in your business that don’t meet the muster of the above questions. Then see if there is a way to let them go:
- Can you sell them to another business?
- Can you outsource them to another provider?
- Can you retire them or let them go?
Think of it as pruning your business – cutting off what hinders your business growth and nurturing what encourages its growth. This is an excellent way to help you plan where to focus your energies in the coming year.