There are lots of ways you can combat self-bullying, increase your self-esteem and kick the demon on your shoulder to the curb. In this second of three excerpts from the June 18, 2015 episode of The C.A.P. Podcast, I talk about two ways you can start embracing the angel on your shoulder.
In this video I mentioned using affirmations, positive statements set in the present that represent what you want to create for or about yourself. Ways to use affirmations include:
- Writing them down on paper repeatedly
- Say them to yourself repeatedly, preferably aloud and even better to yourself in a mirror
- Put them on sticky notes and place them around your home
- Say them first thing in the morning and again just before you go to bed
- Record yourself saying them and listen to them while you sleep or are taking a shower
Another tip I provided in the video was inspired by Emmet Fox: When you find yourself having a negative thought, change it into a positive one. Don’t “entertain” the thought. If it helps, create a trigger phrase that can pull you out of the negative and into the positive.
Finally, if your self-work doesn’t work, ask for help. Find a counselor, psychologist of life coach to help you get rid of your self bully.
To listen to the complete podcast, click here.