I’ve had a lapel mic for years, but because I accidentally left it on, the battery died and I’ve never got around to looking for and purchasing a new one. So, when the opportunity came up to test a new lapel mic at a drastically reduced price, I said, “yes!”
In this video, I unbox the QuanFun Lavalier Lapel Mic and test it out on both my MacBook Pro laptop and my LG V20 Android phone. I’m very happy with the results. Watch the video to see — and hear — what I mean.
What I Like about the QuanFun Lavalier Lapel Mic
- It is really easy to use, just plug in and start talking.
- No battery required! I never have to worry about that again.
- The Y adapter that lets two people use a lapel mic on the same device. I wish I had that years ago!
- Plenty of adapters available, so you’ll more than likely find one that works for your device.
What could have been better
- The user manual said to use the phone adapter, but that didn’t work for me. I ended up using the PC/Camera adapter for my phone. So, you’ll definitely have to do some testing to discover which adapter works for your device before going live.
What I’d like to see
- I think it would be cool if it came with a carrying case that held both mics, possibly one pouch with a divider in the middle so they don’t get tangled.
Want one of your own?
Get a 21% discount when you purchase on Amazon using this code: QCA8H2K3
Closer Look Image Gallery
NOTE: I received this product for at a drastic discount in exchange for an honest review. If you’ve read my past reviews, you’ll know that I don’t pull my punches when I believe they are warranted. I also try to provide balanced information so you can make your own decision about the product, even if you disagree with my opinion.