Introducing Write and Launch Your Best Selling Book
A Guided Journey to Creating a Book that Will Build Your Expertise and Business
Is there a book inside you?
For most people, the answer is yes—even if they are not aware of it.
Writing a book is the easiest way to create a legacy. It can also be the foundation of a successful business as a coach or speaker. And, of course, it can give you a sense of authority and confidence.
If you've been putting off writing your first book—or even your next book—this program is for you.
What you’ll learn:
- How to set yourself up for success at the beginning
- Content organization
- Platform building
- Planning for beyond the book
- How to start and finish writing your book
- Developing good writing habits
- Overcoming “writer’s block”
- How to market your book
- Book marketing strategies and how to choose and prioritize them
- Launching your book with the support of a team
- Creating and implementing a book marketing plan
- How to publish your book
- Different formats and the pros and cons of each one
- Different publishing options and how to choose the best one for you
- Finding and hiring the right professionals for creating the best book possible
Write and Launch Your Best Selling Book is a six-month “done with you” program. The program will include live and recorded workshops, group and private coaching, personalized feedback on assignments, and email support for a whole year (during the six-month program and for an additional six months). The goal is to set you up for success and provide you with the guidance and support you need to get your book done.
Workshop topics will include Planning Your Book, Writing Your Book, Publishing Your Book, Marketing Your Book, Hosting a Book Signing Event, Amazon Author Page Optimization, Growing Your Email List, Creating a Product Suite from Your Book, Virtual Book Tours, and more.
By the end of the six-month program, you will have at least the following assets:
- A working outline for your book
- A completed first draft of one chapter
- A marketing plan
Depending on how much time you devote to your book, you may have so much more, as well.
“I want to do something splendid…Something heroic or wonderful that won’t be forgotten after I’m dead…I think I shall write books.”
~ Louisa May Alcott
“Writing a book isn't an easy process nor is it always enjoyable, but it is one of life's most satisfying achievements.”
~ Guy Kawasaki
“The true alchemists do not change lead into gold;
they change the world into words.”
~ William H. Gass
Who this program is for:
This program is right for you if:
- You are knowledgeable about a specific topic. It can be a hobby. It can be what you do in your business. You don't need to be the expert on this topic, but you do need to have expertise in the topic.
- You are ready to do the work of creating a worthwhile book. You will show up for the lessons and coaching sessions. You will engage with your fellow students, providing and receiving support on this journey. You will do the assignments and make progress on your book.
- You want to create a book that will help people. In order to have value, and in order to have the best chance of becoming a bestseller, your book needs to help people solve a problem. It need not be a big problem. Perhaps you know how to take care of American Fuzzy Top rabbits. Your knowledge can help people who own one take better care of their fur baby. Perhaps you know how to work five servings of veggies into your diet while traveling. There are people who want to know how to do that!
This program is not right for you if:
- You want to write a fiction book. Although many of the techniques and processes I will walk you through in this program will work for fiction, this program is focused on non-fiction books. But don't be sad. I plan on creating a similar program for fiction writers in the future.
- You are not ready or in a place to put in the work. If you are looking for a quick fix, this program isn't for you. If you're looking to write a simple "big business card" book, this program isn't for you. If you don't have at least five to 10 hours a week to devote to your book project, this program isn't for you.
- You are in this only for the fame and fortune. There are quicker and easier roads to fame and fortune than writing a book. The best nonfiction books are written by people with a message to share. If this isn't you, please don't waste your—and my—time.
You will do best in this program if you have a decent command of the English language and have an initial idea (or three) for a nonfiction book.
When you enroll in this program, you will be given access to your own online classroom. As we go through the program, a variety of resources will be added, including:
- Video lessons
- Recordings of live group lessons
In addition, there will be weekly Q&A calls or office hours, three private coaching sessions, personalized feedback on your book outline, sample chapter and marketing plan, and unlimited email support for one year. There will also be a Facebook group where you can interact with fellow students and myself.
Here is a breakdown of the value you are receiving with this program:
- Video Lessons
- Checklists, workbooks, worksheets and planners
- Weekly webinars and office hours (20-24 sessions)
- Three private coaching sessions
- Personalized feedback on your book outline
- Personalized feedback on your sample chapter
- Personalized feedback on your marketing plan
- Unlimited email support for one year
- Single Payment Option: $5,000 one payment
- Split Payment Option: Six monthly payments of $997
- If you pay in full, you will receive an additional coaching session will me.
- If you are one of the first three students to pay in full by March 15, 2019, you will receive a gift package in the mail that will include signed copies of two of my books and additional physical goodies, valued at no less than $100.
- If you enroll by March 15, regardless of payment plan, you will receive two bonus training sessions on Kindle Publishing and Going from Side Hustle to Fulltime Business.
“Every great move forward in your life begins with a leap of faith, a step into the unknown.”
~ Brian Tracy
“You don’t write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.”
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Limited Seats Available!
Due to the high-touch nature of this program, I am only opening it up to a maximum of five students at this time. Because I want to make sure that my students succeed, these seats are only available by application. To be considered for this program click the button below to begin the application process.
- Office hours, workshops and coaching sessions will be held during the weekends or after 6 pm Pacific Time on selected Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- The Orientation call is currently scheduled for April 6. A Doodle Poll will be sent out the enrollees to determine the best time for everyone.
- Email support will be provided once a week, however, you can send your questions throughout the week. They will be gathered and answered in one email.
About Your Instructor, Carma Spence
I have been a writer since the tender age of four when I first began learning to write words on a page. Around this time, I also fell in love with seeing my name in print. My dad wrote my name in the sand at Mombasa Beach and asked me to read it. When I realized what he had written was my name, I was thrilled.
Fast forward to the fourth grade. My teacher, Miss Proud, pulled me aside one day and told me I should consider a career as a writer. Those words have helped buoy me up whenever things got challenging for me.
When I was an undergraduate student, I took a course in science writing, which eventually lead me to pursue a Master's degree in Journalism. I earned an M.S. in Journalism from what U.S. News & World Report named the number one Public Relations graduate program in the nation.
I've spent most of my career—more than 20 years—in marketing communications, even winning an award for editing an employee newsletter.
In 2007, I published my first book, Bonkers for Bundt Cakes. At the time, it cost $99 do publish through Lulu. My sales recouped my cost in less than a year—without marketing. My second book was also a cookbook, Your Perfect Pie.
In 2009, I published Home Sweet Home Page: The Five Deadly Mistakes Authors, Speakers, and Coaches Make with Their Website's Home Page and How To Fix Them. This was followed by 57 Secrets for Branding Yourself Online in 2013.
In 2018, I published Public Speaking Super Powers and got it to #2 in Kindle New Releases for my category—right behind a woman who has her own television show.
In addition to these solo projects, I've also contributed to several anthologies, two of which became International bestsellers.
I bring to this program experience in writing, editing, publishing, and training. I look forward to helping you reach your publishing dreams!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this program help me write my book
Yes and no. This program is designed to provide you with the foundational motivation, support, and knowledge you need to write a profitable, Amazon bestselling book. Some people will complete their book during the six months. Others will take longer. What I guarantee you will have by the end of the program is an outline that will help propel you from beginning to end, a marketing plan that you can implement while you are writing the book and after it is launched, and one chapter from the book.
Will this program work for a book in my genre?
As long as your book is nonfiction and you intend to build a business around it, this program will work for your book. This program is not intended for fiction books and includes more information than you need for a book that you are just writing to get it out of your head. This program is for authors who are intentional about using their book to build or grow a business.
Will this program work if my book is only in ebook format?
Yes. However, if your book is good enough to sell as an ebook, why not make it available as a physical book for those members of your audience who won’t read ebooks?
What if I find this program isn’t for me?
If you pay in full, you have the first 30 days to request a refund. At that time, you will be refunded up to $4,500.If you choose to make payments, you have the first 30 days to request a refund. At that time, you will be refunded up to $497. The remaining $500 covers the administrative costs and any of my personal time with you. This is why I have an application process for this program. I want to make sure that you are a good fit before you make a single payment.
What is the application process?
When you click the "Apply Now" button, you will be taken to a survey form. Once you complete and submit the form, I will review it. If I think you might be a good fit for the program, I will invite you to a 15-minute conversation to go over any questions you may have and give us an opportunity to get to know each other. If at the end of that conversation, we both agree that this program is right for you, I will send you the payment information.
“There are many talented people who haven't fulfilled their dreams because they over thought it, or they were too cautious, and were unwilling to make the leap of faith.”
~ James Cameron